- If you should experience any web pages with disfigurements or missing images please try clicking the "refresh" or "reload" button.
- If your points are not reflecting the last activity completed, please click on the "refresh or "reload" button and the total points will appear.
- If you receive the following error while logged onto the site:
HTTP Error 404
404 Not Found. The Web server cannot find the file or script you asked for. Please check the URL to ensure that the path is correct. Please contact the server's administrator if this problem persists.
It means the database has timed you out because there was no activity for more than 15 minutes. Return to the Login Page and re-login.
There are no special hardware requirements to view this site; however, this web site was designed to function best using Microsoft Internet Explorer version 4.0 and above, Netscape 4.77 and above, and AOL version 6.0.
To download the latest version, click on the appropriate browser link:
Microsoft's Internet Explorer v.5.01
Netscape Navigator v.6.0
AOL Browser v.6.0
If you have an America On-Line (AOL) account and have Microsoft Windows 95 or above, you can still launch Internet Explorer from the "Start" button on the lower left corner of your computer. (You can also launch the Internet Explorer browser from the tool tray at the bottom of your desktop if you have the 'e' icon located there.)
If you are using a MACintosh or iMAC computer, there should be no problem as long as you are using the most recent browsers available.
To enhance your enjoyment of the Achievement Advocate web site, we suggest that you do the following:
- Maximize Screen Resolution: Start => Settings => Control Panel. Click on the 'Display' icon. This will lead you to the 'Display Properties' menu - it should say so at the top of the window. When menu comes up, select 'Settings' on the far right tab. In the 'Screen area' (on the lower right hand side), slide the slide control to 800 X 600 (or above). Then, on the left side of the screen 'Colors' select box, choose either 256 colors or 'True Color [32 bit]' - if available. Once you select these options, choose 'OK'. You will then be asked if you want to accept the changes you made (don't worry about the 15 second countdown); choose 'OK'. Your screen will then go black for a moment; it should either (a) come back and say that these settings were not accepted or (b) display the new settings without notification. That's it!
- Change Your Font Display Size: Start => Settings => Control Panel. Click on
the 'Display' icon. This will lead you to the 'Display Properties' menu - it should say so at the top of the window. When menu comes up, select 'Settings' on the far right tab. Click on the 'Advanced' button on the lower right of the menu box - just above the 'Close' button. On the 'General' tab
(which should be the default), in the 'Display' box (the top box), in the 'Font' drop-down select box, choose the 'Small Fonts' option - underneath it should read 'Normal size (96 dpi)'. In the 'Compatibility' box below, click on the middle radio button - the one that read 'Apply the new display
settings without restarting'. Click 'OK'. Once at the 'Display Properties' window, click 'OK'. That's all there is too it!
- Changing the Font Size in Your Browser: In Internet Explorer 4.0 or above, you will also have the option to change the display settings of the font sizes in your browser. Go to the tool menu on the top of the page and click on "view" and then click on "font size," you'll see 'largest, larger, medium, smaller, smallest.' We recommend you set it on "medium."
Remember to ask your parents before starting!